Monday, December 5, 2011

Fabric & Elves.

And so we begin the last week of classes.
Which will lead into the last 10 days of final exams.

And where do I want to be?

At my sewing machine.
Or with a paintbrush in hand.
Or donned with an apron (And sweatpants. And a baggy t-shirt.), baking Christmas goodies.
Or surrounded by a small mountain of sharpie markers.

You see, I can honestly say I'm very happy with my life. I enjoy most parts of most days. Maybe even more than most parts.

But. There's just this one little thing I wish I had more time for.

Crafts.

Especially at this time of the year, I get so many ideas of things I want to make. Partly it's the inspiration of Christmas craft magazines. Partly it's that I just joined "Pinterest," which will knock your socks off with its DIY craft ideas. And partly, of course, it's that my alternative is studying for final exams.

Another reason I can't complain about my life is that I genuinely believe there are many more than one ways for me to be vocationally fulfilled. When I am at school or in front of a class, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am born to be a teacher.

But, when I'm browsing in Michaels or sitting in front of a swath of colourful fabrics, I am also completely within my dreams.

Perhaps I have now jumped on a series of alternating years of teaching my heart out and crafting my heart out during nap time for little redheads...

Or, I suppose I could start a craft school.
Very similar to the North Pole, I would imagine. And, I mean, that's gone over well for as long as anyone can remember.

2 comments:

  1. I would come to your craft school ... I would probably flunk out, but I would come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there will be no flunking at my craft school, carole. i won't allow it :)

    ReplyDelete