Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Best-Laid Plan.

Homework has been ruling my waking moments.

But something small happened today. And, if all goes according to plan (no pun intended, although you will not yet know what I mean by that), I will soon be so efficient at life that I may find myself with time to blog every day.

That is, if miracles only cost $12.99.
Could be.

During one of my unfortunately less interesting night classes, I have been terribly distracted by my classmate's most wonderful possession. She has a beautiful day planner. And I mean beautiful. Perfect in every way.

Every class she pulls out her beautiful day planner and amuses herself by reviewing her life schedule over and over again - crossing things out here, adding new appointments there. It's so mesmerizing.

I've been insanely jealous for weeks now.

So, today, I put an end to that.
"Ryan," I said. "I have been obsessing over something, and I realize now that I can't live without it. Please direct the car towards Chapters on the way home. Happiness waits for me there, for only $12.99."

Of course Ryan obliged - what man wouldn't indulge his wife's happiness for such a meager sum?

When we arrived (I was going to say at the pearly gates, but that's just sacreligious), I strode with no hesitation (well, except for the stockings and the children's books and the new releases that I only just briefly glanced at) to the place I've been dreaming of.

The day planner table.

I knew which one I wanted. I thoroughly checked about a dozen others, just in case I was mistaken. But I knew which one I wanted.

It's mine now.

And I am planning on being immensely happy.

1 comment:

  1. i just bought one tooo!!!! a beautiful black moleskin one.
    aren't they magic? why doesn't everyone have one?
    i'm very passionate about my dayplanner.

    ReplyDelete