Friday, November 19, 2010

Top Twelve of Twenty-Nine.

I had my 29th birthday this week.
In the midst of a busy season, there were so so many little things that made me feel special. 

I have to share.

So. Here's a few. In chronological order.

1) A flight to Regina to hang with the fam. Bigger than a little thing, but you understand.

2) Presents! A few of my favorite things. They were transported back to BC inside one of my favorite of the favorite things: A box of cards labeled "Correspondence Notes." Tell me that's not a beautiful thing.

3) Riders win in double overtime. Sheesh.

4) An email from far around the world in a place I can't really say. Thoughtful. Encouraging. :)

5) A party with Settlers, brownies, and 4 of my favorite people:





6) Thoughtful texts, facebook messages, phone calls and messages, and emails all day. I've heard people say it's less meaningful because of how easy it is on facebook. But I don't choose to think so. I think it's wonderful. Wonderful that everyone gets one day where people realize it's their special day. And then they take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to let you know they thought of you. Thanks for thinking of me.

7) Now, don't be offended if your facebook message wasn't as cool at this, because this particular person tops my lists of favorites in just way too many categories. Particularly favorite person to stare at pictures of.


8) Ry made me the most delicious supper from scratch. Heavenly.

9) Some of the sweet people in my evening class sang happy birthday to me. Nice touch.

10) A lllooonnnggg winded version of happy birthday left as a message on my phone from a group of life-filled women. 

11) Ry gave me a bag full of thoughtful little things he knows I love... and the best part was, there was a couple things I never would have guessed but that he hit right on the mark. For example, a craft magazine! Love it.

12) My verbal birthday card. Best ever. You know who you are.

Here's to the next 362 days...
Hoping to spend many of them with many of you.

1 comment: