Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ferries & Toothpaste.

I used to live in paradise.

You know - a place where every day you wake up, and are amazed at the flowers, the sunshine, the beaches, the fact that you can't remember the last time it rained, and where the sky for some unexplainable reason seems closer.

Today, this week... I am in paradise again. Just a different one.

Ry and I arrived last night at a place where the moment we drove off the little ferry... we were "here." Here as in the place where we will certainly find rest. Certainly find relaxation. Certainly find the little things that we need to jump start us into the following season (volleyball camps).

We embrace these little things.

Things like the "Island Library" that is the only place to get internet... and is open 3 times per week.

Things like the fact that our bedroom has a king-size bed. And carpet. And windows on 3 sides.

Things like two sinks in the bathroom. I love love big bathrooms. If our when-we-buy-a-house-some-day bathroom is bigger than our w-w-b-a-h-s-d bedroom... I will be okay with that. Don't you think it's such a luxury to have space while you're... you know... brushing your teeth?

Things like a hottub that faces the ocean.

Things like a table where I can do a puzzle, and watch Road to Avonlea on my computer all at the same time.

Things like a basket full of slippers that belong to the owners. And things like that their whole family is very tall and must have big feet and therefore Ry and I can fit those slippers.

Things like beach decorations. We drove around the whole island last night, and most houses have that paradise-style decor: fishing nets, big glass balls, shells, starfish, sand, stones... gardens.


I am running off to something wonderfully unimportant... like crocheting a blanket, reading a novel, or eating yogurt.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds perfectly lovely! enjoy my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome. Enjoy this time on the island - it sounds peculiarly like Hope Town or Man-O-War.... *sigh*

    Also, thanks for the props on my masters finishing. Life is gooooooooood!

    ReplyDelete