Thursday, June 9, 2011

Yarn & Parsley.

It is wonderful to have time.
Time that isn't already spoken for.
Time that can flex as we go.

Yesterday, we did yoga for an hour and a half, and it didn't make us late for anything.

We watched 2 periods of a hockey game, and then left the cafe... (but really, how much did that have to do with having time, or was it sparing ourselves?)

I crocheted almost half of a blanket that I've been working on for... sheesh, I don't know. I bought the wool when I lived in Regina, so what does that tell you?


On a different note, I also spent some time while we were watching the hockey game looking up healthy recipes - which brings me to my next train of thoughts:

I really enjoy looking at healthy recipes. I sometimes even like shopping to make those recipes. And even less frequently, but still occasionally, I like making the recipes.
Really, though, just by browsing through them, I feel like a healthier person. I mean, I could be looking at the "how-to-make-a-cake-that-will-leave-your-dinner-guests-longing-for-more" page. But I'm not. I'm looking at oatmeal and dressing-less salad, and quinoa.

The problem I find is this:

I also really like some food that is not good for me.
I don't think what we eat is by any means all bad. In fact, I think I'm a pretty balanced eater/cook. But I definitely resort to comfort foods and cravings more frequently than I care to admit.

And sometimes that makes me feel guilty.

So, the only reasonable solution I can think of, really, is to stop looking at those healthy recipe pages.
All they make me do is wish that I had a garden combined with a green thumb.
And a kitchen full of herbs combined with a food processor.
And an organized grocery list combined with a lot of time.

Instead, I am choosing to be thankful. Thankful for tasty treats, for 4 food groups, and for the very occasional salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment