Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thirty-one.

October 6, 1979.

I wasn't alive then, but that was a day that has forever changed my future. It brought me the man that I now share a last name with... and basically all my earthly possessions.

On his birthday, a tribute to the little things I appreciate about Ryan:

- He is kind. Yeah, we have our moments where we're upset with each other and I don't think so, but Ry is kind. He doesn't hold things against people, and is aware of people who need someone to talk to. He notices the poor and needy, be that outward or inward.
- He doesn't hold a grudge. We argue (see above), but he gets over everything quickly and doesn't hold on to it.
- He always wants to get better at things.
- He appreciates my humor. I know this because he reads my little comments and chuckles. I like that.
- He is low maintenance. He doesn't put a lot of value in things that really don't matter, that are here today and gone tomorrow.
- He eats anything I make.
- He really cares about family. His. Mine. And our family of two.
- He grows a wicked beard.

Here's to 31.

3 comments:

  1. in case anyone else wonders:
    i googled "l'chaim"...
    it means "to life"
    love it, suzy.
    i'm just not as cultured as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! the only reason i knew that was because when i was in grade..hm...8? maybe 9.
    anyways, when i was in grade 8 or 9, we did a play called "the village of idiots" and my name was zisyah and in the closing act, after the war scene, we toasted to life.
    'l'chaim, feyvel!" i said to my friend, jannaya, who was dressed as a man named feyvel.
    did i mention i, too, was a man and had a painted on goatee?

    ReplyDelete